Chakras are often referred to as our spiritual batteries. It is where we process our human experiences through our Spiritual Bodies. The Root, is our safety and security center. It is where we process information about our physical, financial, and familial safety. This is where we “ground” or center ourselves, for on top of this chakra are all the others aligned. The base is the foundation of our human experience, so it is ever so important that we keep it clear, aligned and balanced. This week, we are called to ground ourselves, anchor and get centered. Here are a few easy ways to get started.
- Walk barefoot, grip your toes to the earth, the floor, and feel all the corners of the foot and each toe. Stomp your feet.
- Imagine that you have roots growing down through the bottom of your feet, and visualize those roots broad, strong and deeply rooted to the earth.
- Have an Epsom salt bath with lavender and cedarwood. Drink lots of water.
- Lay on your tummy on the earth and connect with Mother Earth.
- Stand in Mountain Pose, Warrior Pose, sit in Sukhasana (seated cross-legged) or any pose that you feel “strong” in.
- Intentionally eat dark chocolate or small amounts of caffeine for the purpose of grounding.
- Use affirmations such as “I am safely grounded right now.” Or “I am safe and secure in all ways, right now.”
Grounding is important for so many spiritual reasons, but we also experience the physical benefits as well, such as increased quality of sleep, lower stress levels, lower blood pressure, clearer thinking and it softens our general outlook on life. So, why wouldn’t we take a moment right now, and ground ourselves, and recharge those batteries?